This week, unwrap the gift of 35 ways to experience and appreciate self-care. Sometimes self-care is big, like spa day or date night. More often, it’s a state of mind that embraces you and centers you in compassion. Sometimes self-care requires a little planning. Other times, you simply need acknowledge the goddess that is *you* in the moment. Come back to your center, beloved. Remember that you are enough, just as you are, the crown Mama jewel.
“Self-care is the development of your highest self.” ~ Rachel Harris, PhD, author of 20-Minute Retreats: Revive Yourself in Just Minutes a Day with Simple, Self-Led Practices
5 more ways to elevate your self-care…
11. Say yes
12. Say no
13. Know your self-care contacts
11. Say yes – Give yourself permission to give in to something that appeals to you. Yes, you can take some time for yourself. Yes, you can take a pass on girls night out, and stay in instead. Yes, you can feed your kids breakfast for dinner. Yes. Just, yes!
12. Say no – You don’t have to do one more thing! You can say no to the dishes, the laundry, the playdate, the volunteer request. Say no to whatever leaves you feeling drained.
13. Know your self-care contacts – Make a list of emergency self-care contacts: the friends & family in your life who really get you, especially when you’re not feeling your best
14. Splurge – Indulge in something for yourself. A workshop or retreat. A new shirt. A sweet or savory treat when the kids aren’t around. What will delight you?
15. Walk – Go for a walk, even if it’s just to the curb and back. Stand up, put on comfy shoes, and get your body moving in the outdoor air.